About the Role
FTI Consulting has an exciting opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our Construction Solutions Team.
We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
The successful candidate will provide support to a Senior Managing Director as well as carrying out administrative duties to support the professional team. This role will suit an energetic and proactive individual.
What You’ll Do
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing expense claims, timesheets, dairy and calendar management for the Senior Managing Director and the team
- Financial Matter Management, including preparing and issuing monthly client billings, preparing write off/write up forms, following up outstanding invoices, updating WIP spreadsheet and preparing monthly reports for Finance
- Processing invoices for payment through Chrome River
- Updating Salesforce with pursuits, possible new matters and client contact details after marketing meetings
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Preparing reports, correspondence, presentations and agendas for meetings
- Managing meeting room bookings, setting up meeting rooms and IT as needed, and ordering catering as needed
- Coordinating marketing events as needed. This could include seminars, training sessions or team events
- Ad hoc activities, such as assisting IT with troubleshooting, or with the onboarding of new joiners
How You’ll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to grow with a firm. With a few tasks that are regular, no single day is the same, and you will be able to tailor your day to suit you. This is an ideal role if you are solution orientated and after a challenge. As the main go-to person for your team, you will be the linchpin of the team.
You will help to coordinate the team, and as well as between segments and other key business areas, including Marketing, Accounts and Information Technology.
Experience and Qualifications
- Cert IV in Business/Administration (or similar)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working as a personal/administration assistant
- Minimum typing speed 60 words per minute
- Intermediate Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet skills
- A “can do” and enthusiastic attitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Professional presentation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on initiative and prioritise workload
- Time management and organisational skills
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Attractive remuneration
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Medical insurance program (corporate membership) for individual and dependent(s)
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and drinks
- Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”) – free to all employees and their immediate families
- Monthly Health & Wellbeing program including fitness subsidies
- Professional membership contributions and generous paid study leave
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognised as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.