Opportunity to save lives
Fixed term full time position for 12 months
Melbourne CBD location
At Lifeblood, we’re here for all Australians and although our life-giving role started over 90 years ago with blood, today we support more people in more ways than ever before.
We also help to facilitate the donation of tissue, organs, breast milk, and other life-giving biological products. Plus, we deliver world-class research and provide expertise in diagnostic, transplantation and other clinical services. Everyone at Lifeblood is united through the power of humanity to build a healthier nation.
We strive for an inclusive environment where people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected, connected, and able to contribute to the best of their ability, with equal access to opportunities and resources.
About the role:
We are seeking an Administration Officer to provide administrative and operational support to our Donor Services Division in a nationally consistent manner. As part of an agile team, you will deliver a proficient service in the accurate and timely processing of donor records, be the liaison between the Donors and our Insurers, and provide high quality customer experience to internal and external stakeholders.
You will act with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm and be able to relate openly and comfortably with everyone. You will value self-awareness and reflect on your own strengths and areas for development, making you a valued contributor.
This is a 12-month fixed term full time position. This position will be based at our Melbourne CBD processing centre but you may be required to work from our St Kilda road head office from time to time.
- Provide reception support to our national office
- Contact donors to assist in booking donation appointments
- Acting as a liaison between the Donors and insurers
- Provide general administrative support; management of expenses, purchasing, invoicing and reporting
- Receiving, reconciling and archiving and retrieval of donor and other business records
- Soft phone support for preview and progressive calling of donors
- Assisting and responding to privacy related issues that donors might have
- Show pride in upholding our high safety and quality standards
Skills and capabilities:
- Outstanding customer service, communication and interpersonal skills in an office environment
- Knowledge and skill in all aspects of Donor Records processes
- Professional written and verbal communication with a focus on attention to detail
- Collaborate with a strong sense of team work as you will be dealing with multiple departments
- Digital and technical aptitude
- Salary packaging program (allowing you to make the most of your salary)
- Rewards program offering discounts on movies, groceries, food & beverage, department stores and travel & leisure
- Discounted health insurance, veterinary care and car hire
- Internal programs focused on your wellbeing and safety
We’re a fast-paced business, so we aim to progress suitable candidates through the hiring process as soon as we receive applications. This may mean the role is filled prior to the advertising close date.
As part of our recruitment process, you’ll be required to complete and clear a national criminal history check, employment history check, reference and a validation of Australian working rights.
For further details on this position please contact Jennika Noble via email@example.com
Salary is determined using the Lifeblood specific Enterprise Agreement. This position is classified under Consulting & Support, Grade 2.
While we appreciate all interest in our business, we won’t engage with or accept candidates from agencies or consulting firms on this occasion.
Lifeblood’s top priority is the safety of our donors, staff, volunteers and, of course, blood recipients. Blood and plasma donation remains absolutely vital, and as healthcare settings, our blood donor centres remain open and our teams are ready to welcome donors who are healthy and well.
Our donor centres are safe places and we’ve always adhered to strict sanitation protocols. In light of the current coronavirus pandemic, we’ve implemented further measures to help protect our donors and our teams too. For further information on this, please visit our website for updates.