Food and Beverege Team Leader (Banquets Focus)
We are a popular choice amongst the best Auckland hotels and are recognised for our memorable Conference and Event space
Cordis, Auckland – Conference and Events
From the ballroom to the boardroom, every event at Cordis, Auckland is distinguished by seamless service, attention to detail and the latest high-tech solutions. From the magnificent Great Room – the largest pillar-free ballroom in Auckland – to our purpose-built Gallery meeting rooms, we have all your event bases covered.
Check us out: http://www.cordishotels.com/en/auckland/ or on social media!
As a Team Leader you will focus on coordinating our heartwarming team of Food and Beverage Attendants to ensure guest satisfaction and WOW service!
- Responsible for coordinating the work of the Food and Beverage Attendants in an efficient manner, whilst maintaining quality and standards
- Manage and be point of contact for events up to 150 pax
- Have full knowledge of the Banquet operation
- Order & follow up on all items required for functions as per BEOs
- Ensure all food and beverage items served to guests are of the highest standard and presentation
- Ensure all areas are well maintained
- Be the support person for new colleagues joining your team and assisting with training
- Motivate the team through feedback and inspire to grow their knowledge and skills
- Be flexible to assist all Food and Beverage Outlets as required
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant experience in a similar role where you have supported supervisors and managers and lead a team of 20 to 50 F&B attendants, ideally in a conference and event space or large restaurant
- Good understanding of the different events and able to follow instructions on set and up service to meet a clients expectations
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- A personality for creating memorable moments for guests
- A desire to excel and develop your food and beverage career and to learn new service styles
- Experience in MICROS is preferred but not essential
- Have a high level of passion and knowledge for all things food and beverage related including wine and coffee knowledge
- Full flexibility to work a 7 day rotating roster in our high volume restaurant
- Reliable transport to get to and from the hotel safely – most of our events are in the evenings so, there will be late evening/early morning finishing times
Cordis is not just about delivering a memorable experience for our guests but an amazing experience for you. So if you are ready we will reward you with:
- Fun working environment
- Opportunity to grow your career within Langham Hospitality Group
- Freshly pressed uniform every shift
- Discounted parking
- Staff meals AND plenty more!
Cordis Auckland, is a new brand by Langham Hospitality Group.So if this vacancy has got your heart excited, get in touch by clicking Apply now!
Terms of employment