What you will doBe responsible for the day to day provision of direct support for the Commander and executive team of NZ Defence College. You’ll ensure the efficient allocation of tasks, standardisation of processes, and overall coordination of support across the office.You will be expected to provide effective and timely executive assistance, secretarial and, administrative support services as required. This role will require working collaboratively as part of a wider team to ensure a consistent level of support is provided to the Commander at all times.What we needThis is a great opportunity for someone with exceptional personal assistant skills. You will play an integral role within a supportive, tight-knit team, where professionalism, positivity and a “can do” attitude are vital.No two days are the same, so you will need to be adaptable and able to identify priorities, as and when they arise, while maintaining professionalism and communicating confidently across varying levels of the organisation.To be successful in this role, you will have Personal or Executive Assistant experience and be looking for your next challenge within a large, dynamic organisation.Ideally, we would like the successful candidate to be able to start in the first week of February. Interviews will take place the week beginning Monday 13 January 2020.Who we areThe New Zealand Defence College vision is to lead New Zealand Defence Force learning excellence.Our purpose is to achieve greater integration of the New Zealand Defence Force’s individual training and education through the provision of standardised learning policy, enabling services and systems; reduced duplication and other inefficiencies; promotion of a 21st century learning environment; implementation and management of smart learning capabilities; and where beneficial and appropriate to do so, the design, development and delivery of common and joint learning.To achieve this purpose our mission is to deliver common and joint individual training and education as directed, provide pan- New Zealand Defence Force individual training and education governance and enabling learning services in order to support New Zealand Defence Force’s Enhanced Combat Capability 2020.Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice. Why UsNZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
How to ApplyTo view the Position Description and to Apply Online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page. For further information, contact Kerri Sterling on (021) 936 372.Please note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.Applications close on Wednesday 8 January 2020.Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows: Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.