Editor – New Zealand Job Vacancy
New Zealand Job Vacancy
Wellington City, Wellington
The TEC – Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is a small Crown agency with a big job to do – ensuring New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to ensure lifelong success to build a great country. We lead the Government’s relationship with the tertiary education sector in New Zealand and provide career services from education to employment.
Nau mai, haere mai! Ngā Ihirangi, the Content Team, in the Strategy and Design Directorate, provide guidance and information to support lifelong learning and careers in New Zealand.
We want an editor who can support the quality writing goals of our organisation.
A part-time fixed term editor (20 hours per week)
What will you be doing?
- Daily editing of content for TEC websites such as careers.govt.nz, tec.govt.nz, publications and resources.
- Coaching of content team on best practice for plain language, content accessibility and grammar
- Auditing website content, suggesting improvements and innovations
- Supporting the TEC’s Quality Writing Programme
- Working with other teams on the development of new products
What can you bring?
Experience and skills in:
- editing for the web in CMS systems
- editing for publications and educational resources
- coaching content writers
- auditing website content , creating website strategy and project management
- working in an agile environment.
Desirable, but not essential:
- knowledge of the career, education or tertiary study system
- knowledge of te reo Māori
- experience providing feedback on images, infographics and design.
What will you get in return?
- Work with a friendly and inclusive award-winning content team to help inspire New Zealanders
- Get the opportunity to be part of projects to create new and exciting website tools and resources.
- The TEC offers a range of benefits including, flexible working options, a wellness programme and ability to purchase extra leave.
- Remuneration $67k to $78K dependant on skills and experience.
How to apply:
To apply, click the ‘Apply’ button, complete the online application form and submit your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability.
Applications close 8 March 2020. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz.
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application.