Dental Assistant – Hospital Dental Service
- Permanent, full-time and part-time opportunities
- Part-time, fixed-term opportunity until approximately June 2021 (16 hours per week)
- Grow your career working within an experienced team of clinicians who provide quality oral healthcare to our community!
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Hospital Dental Service, located within Christchurch Outpatients, provides specialist dental care across dental services including Special Care Dentistry, Pedodontics, Prosthodontics, Orthodontics and Oral Medicine.
We’re looking for passionate and enthusiastic Dental Assistants to join our team on a permanent, full-time or part-time basis! We also have a part-time, fixed-term opportunity working 16 hours per week until approximately June 2021.
Dental Assistants provide support for a large team of clinicians, including dental specialists, dental officers, house officers and clinical dental technicians. We provide quality services that are integral to ensuring the health and wellbeing of our community. This opportunity will see you working across a number of specialty areas and developing and utilising exceptional customer care skills.
The days and hours associated with this position are to be negotiated.
As there are various opportunities available, please clearly outline in your cover letter how many hours you would like to be considered for, or if you are applying for the fixed-term vacancy.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Proving chairside assistance to the Dentist or other clinical staff
- Managing administrative tasks and scheduling of appointments
- Checking, preparing and monitoring of all clinical equipment/materials
- Participating in rostered duties for dental assistants
Your skills will include the following:
- NZDA Certificate in Dental Surgery Assisting (or equivalent) is advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role, as well as understanding of dental/oral procedures and terminology is advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within a team, as well as develop valued relationships with our varied consumer base
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahiPutting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.