Cashier – USA Job Vacancy
USA Job Vacancy
Bed Bath & Beyond-Nashua, NH 03060
Responsibilities include greeting customer at point of sale, handling cash and credit card transactions and processing returns and exchanges. When away from the register, Sales Cashiers play a key role in assisting customers with their needs, helping to fill in and maintain the sales floor for ease of customer shopping ensuring that merchandise presentation, and guest service standards are met. Sales Cashiers will provide each and every customer with an amazing shopping experience by: processing purchases accurately and quickly, consistently performing the Company’s Service Standards and inviting the customer to come back and shop with us again.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exceed customer expectation by actively listening to their needs in order to provide amazing service in a timely manner at the point of sale.
- Maintains a clean POS area and assists with sorting merchandise, when not serving a customer, in order to return the product to the floor as quickly as possible.
- Has a high awareness regarding the length of purchase lines and immediately notifies the Front End Supervisor of a need to open additional registers.
- Follows Company Service Standards with every customer.
- Consistently makes additional merchandise suggestions in order to maximize each sales opportunity and ensure that the customer leaves with everything he or she needs.
- Informs each customer of current offers, programs and events.
Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area and register. Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a retail store.
Ability to climb ladders.
Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.