Cashier/Checker – USA Job Vacancy
USA Job Vacancy
WinCo Foods-Oceanside, CA 92054
Oceanside, CA 92054
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+ employee-owners, with 126 grocery stores and our own distribution and transportation network operating across 10 states in the American West, Pacific Northwest and Southwest. As the Low Price Grocery Leader we believe that we make the lives of our customers and employee-owners better and we do it by focusing on the people and communities where we operate.
WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID, under the name Waremart, operating stores under the name until 1999, when the name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning Company.
In 1985, after a group of senior employees purchased a majority interest in the company, they made the momentous decision to give WinCo Foods employees a real ownership stake. The WinCo Foods Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was born, creating what has now become the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States.
Today, WinCo Foods is well known and beloved for its everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners across our service areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and Montana.
Here’s the best part: The day you start at WinCo Foods is the day you start building your ownership stake! (available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
Providing for your future self – While you may not think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500 millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!
The formula is simple: work hard and the better you do, the better your location does. The better your location does, the better the company does. The better the company does, the better our ESOP does. You get an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. After six years, it’s all yours, no matter what. (ESOP available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
You can own a grocery store! How cool is that? Work hard, stay focused and it may just support you for the rest of your life!
In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great Healthcare at very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, and competitive wages.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers by processing customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner at a two aisle check stand, a multi station self-check-out lane, or customer service desk as assigned. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly customer service.
- Operates check stand equipment such as a cash register, scanner and scale to process customer orders using two aisles to check customers.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Processes monetary transactions (i.e., giving and receiving change, etc.) including cash, checks, gift certificates, travelers checks, food stamps, processing coupons, and refunds.
- Maintains knowledge of current product location, monitors UPC codes and ensures proper pricing.
- Maintains clean, neat and properly stocked check stand and ensures safe and secure work area.
- Stocks, prices and rotates merchandise.
- May be assigned to a multi station self-check-out lane as needed.
- May be assigned to the customer service counter as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 5:00 am and 1:00 am in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Perform friendly, courteous, tactful relations with customers and co-workers with composure.
- Communicate (hearing and speech) to perform customer relation skills.
- Complete written forms.
- Conduct visual inspection, read information on merchandise, etc.
- Lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 20 lbs. frequently and perform repetitious work accurately.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Operate check stand equipment such as cash registers, scanners, and scales.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk rapidly, bend, stoop, twist, and turn frequently for long periods of time.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination.
- Learn and memorize a considerable amount of information including PLU codes, location of products, check stand and keyboard procedures and company policies.
- Ensure accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary transactions with mental alertness and basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Climb and balance on ladders when stocking shelves.
- Use blades for box cutting.
- Work in a cooler and freezer.
- Use household cleaners to maintain work area (i.e., waxes, glass cleaner, etc.).
- Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Fork lift, electric and manual pallet jacks, hand truck, garbage and card board compactor.
- Box knife
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.