Airport Guest Services Representative – USA Job Vacancy
USA Job Vacancy
Airport Guest Services Representative
UnCruise Adventures-Juneau, AK
Juneau Land Operations
UnCruise Adventures operates eight small passenger vessels throughout multiple itineraries year-round. During the months of April-September, six of these vessels dock in Juneau on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. The Juneau Land team works to assist the vessels and guests with their various needs, from provisioning support to luggage movement with a constant focus on guest service and vessel support. Vessels dock in Juneau Friday – Sunday with up to two vessels per day, the largest of which has 88 guests and 31crew.
UnCruise Adventures is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
The Airport Guest Services Representative is responsible for assisting vessel guests at Juneau International Airport. Guests will either be arriving for or departing from their cruise.
This position is land-based in Juneau, AK and accommodations and relocation will not be provided. Compensation for this part-time position will be at an hourly rate, for a total of 20-30 hours per week.
- Greet and assist all guests at airport. Monitor flight status of all flights arriving and departing with UnCruise Adventures guests, assist with guest luggage, maintain a copy of arrival and departure guest manifests.
- Provide a high level of customer service to guests to ensure they have a pleasant first and last impression with UnCruise Adventures.
- Coordinate with Juneau Land Operations to support all troubleshooting, logistics and customer service issues with transportation vendors as needed.
- Maintain a highly visible UnCruise Adventures branded presence in the airport.
- Assist departing guests with collecting luggage previously stored at the airport, and finding their check in locations.
- Must be able to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with varying hours depending on guest arrival times between 06:30 am and 3:00 pm.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service focused position dealing with highly educated and affluent clientele
- Knowledge of Juneau and the surrounding areas including restaurants and excursions
- Excel in problem solving and logistical skills, reacting calmly and effectively to changing guest needs
- Detail oriented and thorough; able to follow through on assigned tasks
This position will be physically demanding. Bending, climbing, repetitive motion, long hours on your feet, and heavy lifting of loads 50 pounds or more are requirements of this position.
This job description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills or abilities required or persons so classified or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of UnCruise Adventures not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, marital status, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, or employment as required by law.
Job Type: Part-time