Administrative Assistant – USA Job Vacancy
Position InformationRecruitment/Posting TitleAdministrative Assistant
Job CategoryStaff & Executive – Administrative & Support
DepartmentSEBS-Continuing Prof Education
The New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES) is an integral component of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. The experiment station provides a diverse range of research, extension, and education programs that serve the people of New Jersey and the urban, suburban, and rural communities in which they live. Through its Cooperative Extension offices in all 21 New Jersey counties, dedicated 4-H agents, Extension specialists, Family & Community Health Sciences educators, and Agriculture and Natural Resources agents work to serve New Jersey residents in every area of the state. In addition, off-campus field stations and farms focus on research ranging from support for fisheries, agriculture and allied businesses to support for youth and teens, while several centers and institutes on the George H. Cook Campus at Rutgers–New Brunswick engage in world-class research to provide solutions for a range of issues faced by New Jersey residents.
The Office of Continuing Professional Education has become a nationwide leader in providing quality outreach and public service programs. By working closely with the School of Environmental & Biological Sciences, the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES) and Rutgers Cooperative Extension (RCE), university faculty and staff, private industry and local, regional, and nationwide organizations, we have attracted a team of dedicated instructors who consistently exceed our customers’ expectations. We strive to make quality and customer service the hallmark of our programs.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Administrative Assistant (AA) for SEBS-Continuing Prof Education. This position reports to the Program Coordinator I at Rutgers Cooperative Extension – New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station’s Office of Continuing Professional Education (NJAES-OCPE), the primary purpose of this position provides support to the Program Coordinator for the administration and coordination of short courses and related events/programs. The AA works under direct supervision of Program Coordinator I with specific instructions on routine and semi-routine work and within established work parameters for OCPE. The AA should be knowledgeable about and support OCPE’s programs as well as the mission, vision, role and goals of OCPE, the Experiment Station, Cooperative Extension and the university.
- Prepares and controls records, statistics, reports, and documents for courses and related events and re-certification credit filings/requirements for various agencies and professional organizations.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of programming.
- Schedules appointments, arranges and coordinates logistics for short courses, programs and related events.
- Creates and approves routine informational materials including agendas, brochures and web pages.
- Drafts contracts and process instructor payments;submits invoices and expenses for payment.
- Serves as liaison within unit to ensure materials, equipment and sites are prepared and confirmed.
- Serves as liaison within university departments as well as outside vendors and instructors.
Position StatusFull Time
Hours Per Week
Daily Work ShiftDay
Annual Minimum Salary42464.000
Annual Mid Range Salary52799.500
Annual Maximum Salary63135.000
Union DescriptionURA-AFT Administrative
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of AppointmentStaff – 12 month
Position Pension EligibilityABP
QualificationsMinimum Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of office administration, work organization, coordination, facilitation, and report writing principles and practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks, good written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite including Excel and Adobe software
- Works effectively in a high-energy, fast-paced, challenging environment and be able to handle multiple concurrent tasks and priorities.
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver’s license would be required for this position.
All Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; IE/Firefox/Chrome internet browsers; Adobe Creative Cloud software including Acrobat, Publisher, Photoshop and In-Design.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Travel to offsite meetings is required (Rutgers does not control the accessibility of non-Rutgers locations, but the majority of meeting sites are at University and State / County / Local government buildings that offer access ramps, elevators, etc. to assist those with mobility limitations). No specific dress code is defined, but this position is expected to dress professionally for meetings, conferences and classes with internal and external clients.
- This position will be required to work evening classes at times throughout the year and a maximum of one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) per month with work week adjusted accordingly. Also may occasionally be required to work outside of normal business hours – early morning, late afternoon/evening – as the needs of program, courses or events requires.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Clean Driving Record
- Must pass university’s defensive driving program upon hiring and willingness to drive to off-site courses throughout the state.
Posting DetailsPosting Number20ST0025
Posting Open Date01/14/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional CampusRutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location CampusCook (RU-New Brunswick)
New Brunswick, NJ, 08901
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings.